Peace that Passes Understanding
In order to have the peace that transcends all understanding, we must give up our need to understand. Philippians 4:4-9 gives us all the direction and truth we need in times of uncertainty.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:4-9 NIV
- Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS
- Let your gentleness be clear to all (bad times are no excuse for bad behavior)
- THE LORD IS NEAR – you are not forgotten or abandoned
- Do not be anxious. Make the choice to stop worrying.
- ALWAYS talk to God about everything
- Allow His peace (not understanding) to guard your heart and mind
- Train your mind to only think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy.
- Actually put into practice what you already know
- God will be with you. You are not alone.
Blessings to you today!